On Friday I was invited to guest lecture about SEO for a group of 20 students at UBC’s downtown campus. These students were taking the Digital Marketing Communications Accelerated Diploma Program, which is a four-month full-time program that combines classroom and online learning, a practicum, and a capstone project. When I posted on social media about teaching SEO, several people asked if they could come to my next course. So I decided to do a webinar on SEO.
You’re all invited to join in on my SEO webinar, where I will talk about how you can use SEO to grow your business. This webinar is an introduction to SEO, but I will cover simple and actionable steps so that you can start doing SEO right away.
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. The goal of SEO is to get more visitors to your website by getting your website to rank higher on search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
Search engines solve the problem of matching people who are looking for information to the right website that contains that information. With over 1 billion websites in the world as of 2016, that problem isn’t as easy as it sounds.
In this webinar you will learn:
- What is SEO?
- Why is SEO important?
- The Difference between Ads and Organic Search Results (and also how Google makes 90% of their revenue)
- Simple Steps You can take to Start Doing SEO for Your Website
- How to do Keyword Research and Keyword Optimization for Your Webpages
- 3 SEO Case Studies including how we used SEO to get 10,000 people to visit our blog every month
- The SEO formula we use to make passive income from our blog
The webinar is this Thursday, Feb 16th at 1:00pm PST. The webinar will last for 30 minutes and will be followed by a Q&A session. We are limited to 25 spots for the webinar, so if you are interested, make sure you reserve your spot.
Click on the link below to register for the webinar: